SHETLAND SAFARI 2013 with Simon King
Added 22/08/2012 to General News
Due to popular demand, Simon King with Wildlife Whisperer is creating another exceptional opportunity to experience the wild wonders of the Shetland Isles!
The holiday will be based on Mainland Shetland with excursions to some of the most iconic wildlife hot spots the islands have to offer.
These will include:
- A chance to watch wild otters.
- A midnight trip to the island of Moussa, to see and hear the enigmatic Storm Petrels, which breed in the ancient Broch.
- A journey on to the island of Noss, which hosts one of the most spectacular seabird colonies in the world. You will get up close and personal with gannets, puffins and great skuas to name a few.
- A boat ride around Noss that will bring you even closer to the seabirds in their ocean element and a virtual dip beneath the waves with a roving submarine camera.
- The chance of an encounter with the wolves of the sea – killer whales.
- And much, much more!!!
The holiday is based from the charming country house hotel, Busta House near Brae, with cosy rooms and fine food.
£2795 pp (Single Supplement £160)
Included in the price of the holiday are all meals (not including lunch on the 28th and 6th) and 8 nights accommodation, transport around the Islands, expert guides, and a few surprises.
Not included: Transport to and from Shetland, travel insurance, single supplement and alcoholic drinks.
PLEASE NOTE : Interest in this holiday is intense. Early booking strongly advised.