The advanced optics of Zeiss Spotting Scopes feature fluoride glass in the objectives, protective LotuTec® lens coating that sheds water and dirt for unadulterated results, and fields of view that are beyond compare. Waterproof, fully armored, dust proof housings are light, rugged and built to take the punishment of any adventure. Dual Speed Focus aids functionality and ease of use, allowing the observer a rare, close-up, and incredibly detailed look at the greatest distances.
Compact, lightweight design makes this spotting scope ideal for demanding, expeditions in mountains or over difficult terrain.
The lightweight and extremely compact service package for longer hikes. It is perfectly suited for intensive use in the mountains or in difficult terrain.
The FL Concept
The flagship feature of the Victory DiaScopes is the FL Concept. This revolutionary optical system, which utilizes fluoride glass, is the result of the unique integration of many Zeiss innovations that achieves the highest level of performance to ensure that you get the most out of every moment in the field. The FL Concept provides images that are brighter and sharper, colours that are more vivid and highly saturated, and extended twilight and low light performance, even in the most unforgiving weather. Unlike ordinary optical systems, the FL Concept significantly minimizes chromatic aberrations, virtually eliminates annoying stray light interference, image fuzziness, and low contrast, allowing you to reap the ultimate visual rewards.
Key features of the FL Concept:
- FL glass with fluoride ions in the objective for superior colour correction.
- Thin lens design, employing multiple air-spaced elements for reduced weight, improved resolution and minimal distortions.
- Highly sophisticated eyepiece design for a wide field of view and long eye relief performance.
- Exceptional internal baffling against stray light for improved contrast.
- T* anti-reflective multi-layer coatings on all air-to-glass surfaces for brighter, high-contrast images.
- P* phase correction prism coatings for improved resolution.
- High efficiency prisms for improved light transmission and higher resolution.
LotuTec® Lens Coating
Whether you’re out in the field in heavy rain or entrenched in a bug-infested swamp waiting for the perfect opportunity to arise, the last thing that should interfere with the moment is water and dirt on your lenses. Like a lotus leaf, LotuTec® coating on the objective and ocular lenses repels water so efficiently that raindrops literally roll right off the glass. And the super smooth lens surface can be easily wiped clean without smearing or damaging the optics. As a testament to its superiority over other lens coatings, ZEISS LotuTec® was honoured with the prestigious Gray’s Best award, recognized as the only optical process that allows lenses to shed water completely. So that even in the heaviest downpours your lenses will remain free from water and dirt, and the view will be as impeccable as ever.
Dual Speed Focus
A Carl Zeiss innovation. Two focusing speeds combined in a single control knob. Precision mode facilitates accurate focus. Rapid mode engages automatically when needed. The intuitive focus mechanism adapts its speed to every requirement – all with a single knob.
Key features of Dual Speed Focus:
- Precision: a 270 degree rotation on either side of current focus focuses slowly and precisely.
- Rapid: beyond the Precision zone, focus speed increases 5 times, to move the focus point rapidly. Just keep turning.
- Automatic: stop moving the control and it automatically drops back to Precision mode, wherever you are in the focus travel!